Thursday, April 26, 2012

Treasure Hunting...

Hello!  :)

I've been wanting to share my latest Thrift stores finds with you for a couple weeks now but just didn't get the chance to photograph them. Now I have! I was real excited when I came home from my favorite Thrift Store a couple weeks ago.  :)

This was my first find . . .


It's a four piece salt and pepper set complete in box. It's made by F.B. Rogers Silver Company.


It's so awesome! I love it and the color of the felt lining in the box . . . aqua my fav!  :)


Here's a close up of one of the shakers . . .


And the cobalt blue shaker with the silver cover removed . . . 


Did I tell you I collect salt & pepper shakers? I do! What a wonderful addition to my collection. Guess how much I paid . . . only $3! What a deal!  :)
Here's the other really fabulous piece I found . . . 


It's a Westmoreland Paneled Grape Milk Glass Dish with lid. It is hand painted with roses, flowers and ribbons. It's absolutely beautiful!


See all the details . . .


I didn't even know these existed. I just thought it was a cool milk glass dish that someone hand painted. Turns out that there's a whole collection of these that were hand painted from the manufacturer. Now I want more!  :)


I paid a little more than I wanted to for this because it is so beautiful. By the way when did the Thrift stores all start having "boutique" sections? I remember when everything was all lumped together and really inexpensive. I paid $22 for this piece. Yes it's not too bad. It's what they are going for on Ebay. I do prefer paying much less for finds like this, don't we all?! I am glad I didn't pass it up.  :)

Of course I picked up some more vintage and recycled sheets & pillowcases.


I love the red one. Lots of fabric there to use on many projects. Take a closer look at this fabric . . .


There are two of these pillow cases. They are really pretty with vibrant colors. I love them! I can't wait to use these in a table runner.

Can't wait to see what I find next!  :)

Until next time . . .


30 comments:

Karen said...

It's a good thing we don't live closer to one another or I'd spend all my time "thrifting" with you and get nothing else done! Luvs me a good thrift store! Awesome finds :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You really got a 'find' on the salt/pepper shakers! And the pillowcases are just so vibrant - gorgeous colors in them.

Linda said...

When I lived on the east coast I found great deals like that. I LOVE finding a great deal. Those salt and pepper shakers are wonderful! so is the hand painted dish! Great finds!

Nexxxus Ramblings said...

I am wondering, do you wash your vintage fabric/sheets that you purchase from thrift stores? If anyone else would like to respond to this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hilachas said...

Those are lovely items you found. What a terrific Thrift Shop you found as well!

Cal said...

I am seriously jealous of those salt and pepper shakers! Awesome find.

Nexxxus Ramblings said...

Do you use anything special when you wash your fabrics?

tillymint said...

What wonderful finds... I am loving those salt and pepper shakers!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Wow, great finds! Visiting from VTT. Love the pink milk glass, that is special. I buy second hand linens too, and always wash with color safe bleach to sanitize, what great bargains they can be. Your are so pretty.

Michele said...

Those salt and pepper shakers are gorgeous, but then, all your finds were great. Love those pillowcase fabrics as well. I'm really over the "boutique" section of thrift stores, too.

Carrie P. said...

$3!!! wow! you got a great deal. Those shakers are fabulous.

Tammy said...

Those are some great finds! Lucky you! Don't you just love finding something old and fancy like your salt & pepper shakers? Can't you just imagine the people who got them when they were new? Were they a wedding gift? Did they bring them out at holidays and special occasions? Those fabrics are great too! And hand painted milk glass??? Who knew?? Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Your S & P's are gorgeous! What a great find!

LV said...

You definitely had a great day at thrift shopping.

Self Sagacity said...

Those are definitely nice things. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Pink Saturday.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Beautiful! I've never seen anything like those salt and pepper shakers!

Unknown said...

Love thrifty! Love the salt and pepper shakers you found.
Thanks for sharing at Sunday Round Up.
xoxo
Heather

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

The blue salt and pepper shakers are wonderful! I love that color of blue....

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Lovely finds!
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Six Sisters said...

Cute salt and pepper shakers! What treasures!! Thanks for being a part of our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope to see you again real soon!! -The Sisters

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What great finds! Love the salt and pepper shakers and what a great price! Thanks for sharing!

Susanne said...

What lovely treasures you found; thanks for sharing.

Marsha Cooper said...

Last I was at the Salvation Army they had TONS of fabric. The biggest problem is that it's never priced.
You pick is up one time and the person will charge you way too much. Next time a different person will charge .25 for each piece.
I'm always afraid to pick up too much not knowing what the price will be at the register.
I sure love buying fabric at yard sales and second hand stores though...if it wasn't for those, I wouldn't do near as much sewing!

Amy said...

Wow, great finds! I haven't been thrifty in a while. I am having a no spend month this month though, so I will have to put it off until June.

Thanks so much for linking up to the ASWC Together linky x

Dora, the Quilter said...

Your salt and pepper shakers are lovely!
Your milk glass dish may well have been for honey. 50 years ago it was often sold in the honey comb. The honey combs were cut into rectangular prisms, and the customer placed them in the honey dish, the honey oozed out around the edges, and was picked up with a carved wooden honey "spinner" and drizzled on bread or toast.
Both of your finds are wonderful!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

so very pretty! I love the milk glass best! What a wonderful find. So pretty!
Blessings,
Susie

Deana@CountryMommaCooks said...

Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks link and great party. Hope to see you again tomorrow:)

Terry said...

I'm in love with your salt and pepper shakers and the price is incredible! I always love to see ethan people pick up while thrifting, thanks for linking up at Sunday Blog Love?

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

From one aqua lover to another, what a great find! I love thrifting and finding a deal like that is so much fun. I agree, sometimes you have to pay a bit more for something that you love. Thanks so much for sharing with Share Your Cup. I am now a new follower.
Hugs,
Jann

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

From one aqua lover to another, what a great find! I love thrifting and finding a deal like that is so much fun. I agree, sometimes you have to pay a bit more for something that you love. Thanks so much for sharing with Share Your Cup. I am now a new follower.
Hugs,
Jann