Saturday, May 5, 2012

My 100th POST!!! . . . Final Blocks of My Favorite Things

Hello!  :)

Welcome to my 100th post!!! I can't believe I'm here already. I thought for sure I had more time before reaching this milestone. I started blogging back on August 18, 2011. It seems like forever ago. Time sure flies doesn't it?!!! Now 8-1/2 months later I've written 100 posts and have 395 followers! Wow! Thank you all so much for coming back here time and time again to see what I'm up to! I really appreciate it and you!  :)  Later this week I'll have a giveaway to celebrate this milestone along with reaching 400 followers (hopefully I'll actually get 5 more followers before then)! Stay tuned!  ;)

Now back to the regularly scheduled program . . .

I swear I've actually been working on things the past couple of weeks. I've just been working slower than I was. Plus I've got a few new things going on. Some you already know about like the Traveling Stash boxes. They are some boxes that travel from person to person in the US where you get to take whatever quilting supplies you want and then replace them with the same amount you took. I was following the travels of these boxes then I actually won one. After that I ended up volunteering to keep track of them. Hence the Traveling Stash Updates. I've also been doing more thrifting, which I love!  :)  I've picked up more treasures this weekend which I'll share with you later. Stay tuned!  ;)

For now I want to share my final blocks for the My Favorite Things quilt I'm working on. I still haven't gotten the blocks and strips cut . . . I know! Someday I'll actually get them cut so I can begin putting this thing together. For now here's a picture of the blocks for the final row . . .


Here's a close up of the butterfly block . . .


Isn't it pretty?! I love this pink fabric! And check out the birdie . . .


Of course it's blue! Did you see his wing?  :)

How about some sunshine to brighten your day?


I love sunshine, although I do not like the heat. I really cannot tolerate anything over about 75 degrees. Yes I'm a wimp!

The next block is an old wooden chair . . .


Of course it had to be red! Doesn't it just look adorable with all those lovely flowers?

Then there's the heart. I love hearts! Of course it's pink! It represents family and love of course!


And last, but not least, presents to share . . .


Who doesn't love presents?!!! I do much prefer to give then to receive . . . and I'm not just saying it! I really mean it! I get so much joy watching someone open a gift I picked out or made especially for them.  :)

You can find out more about this quilt I'm making as part of a Stitch and Quilt Along here. You can follow my progression with this quilt here, here, here, here and here.

As a last note . . . be sure to smile and always spread love and cheer wherever you go! I'll be back with more to share with you soon!

Until next time . . .


42 comments:

Fiona said...

Cherise your blocks are awesome... 100 posts already.... the time goes by doesn't it.... congratulations
Hugz

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely blocks. Congrats on the 100, those posts do pile up amazingly. And 400 will come. Congratulations, too, on winning 2 travel boxes!

Jen said...

Congrats! And nice work on those blocks - I love them!

Highland Monkey's said...

That is absolutely gorgeous you have very neat stitching.

Beth said...

Congrats on #100! I love the little red chair.

Karen said...

Congrats on your 100th. I love your blocks.

tillymint said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! Your blocks are fantastic, such lovely, neat stitching! Can't wait to see the quilt finished :)

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Cherise, I found you at Too Much Time's party. I'm a huge fan of these blocks. Oh my gosh, I love the stitching with the words. It brings back great memories of when I used to do this type of stitching. I've enjoyed reliving it through you! Stop by and visit me at my place sometime if you have a chance!

ShirleyC said...

Congrats on the 100th post!
I just love the red chair block! Can't wait to see it all.

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations on reaching 100! Isn't it a wonderful blogging world?

Sheila said...

Such pretty blocks. Congratulations! 100 posts!

hueisei said...

Cute! Congrats on 100!

Unknown said...

Your quilt looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 100 posts. I love your wooden chair block.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Your stitching is amazing, Cherise!!! They are all terrific, but I especially like the butterfly. You are very talented. I would love you to share this at our ongoing linky that's just for Embroidery and Appliqué...
http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/05/threading-your-way-embroidery-stitching.html

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Hi Cherise, I just wanted to come back by and say thanks for coming over and following! So sweet. Hope you'll be back soon!

Liz

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Your work is beautiful. I adore the bird block. It makes my heart sing!!

Kat said...

Congrats on 100 posts! I just love watching your progress on your Favorite Things blocks. They are all so sweet. Can't wait to see them all put together!

Little City Farm said...

I especially love the sunshine on my face, but all of these blocks are beautiful. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Thanks so much for linking up, Cherise...

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your blocks are so neat and congrats on 100 posts! Thanks for sharing!
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Teresa in Music City said...

Adorable quilt blocks!!!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Love your blocks -- especially the blue bird!
Congrats on the 100th post!
Thanks for sharing your Minutes for Me at the Minutes for Me Linky Party!
Enjoy your day!

LittleWhiteDove said...

Well done on 100 posts! What a great idea for a quilt, it looks great!

Found you via the And Sew We Craft linky party.

Sue Daurio said...

well what wonderful blocks you have to share on your 100th post! Congrats on the post and as always, those blocks are just adorable. Love them all.

Etcetorize said...

What a lovely idea for a quilt! I love your blocks. Congrats on your milestone too! If you're looking for another place to share your quilting creations, check out Etcetorize (http://etcetorize.blogspot.ca/2012/05/make-it-great-monday.html). Would love to see you there!

Lisa said...

Lovely blocks can't wait to see them all put together. Well Congratulations on 100 posts and your one follower closer to your goal. You can find me at www.intheboondocks.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Your blocks look great. I also have a friend at work thats working on a quilt. I am thinking about giving a try at making a quilt for us.
xoxo
Heather

Six Sisters said...

100 posts - way to go! We hope to see you back next week to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” Thanks for coming!! -The Sisters

Little City Farm said...

Congratulations on 100 posts. Woohoo. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous quilting blocks at our party this week.

Anonymous said...

That is going to be one beautiful quilt! I love how uplifting it is!

Congrats on 100 posts!

Katie @ Little Becky Homecky said...

I love seeing your new blocks each week!! So fantastic! Thanks for linking it up to Fantabulous Friday @ Little Becky Homecky!!

Diann said...

Your blocks are absolutely adorable! what beautiful work you have done! Thank you for joining TTF this week and have a wonderful weekend and a very happy Mother's Day!

Quiet Quilter said...

This quilt will be so full of memories! Congrats on 100 posts...they do take time and we appreciate you sharing your lovely work.

Susie @Bowdabra said...

Oh my goodness this is awesome!

We would LOVE for you to stop over and link these up in our Crafty Saturday Showcase. It is just our 2nd week. Your blog is cute and we can't wait to look around some more! I love the name of your blog!

Thank you!
Susie @Bowdabra
http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/05/12/saturday-showcase-craft-projects/

Sarah Craig said...

I love your blocks - such a neat idea for a quilt!! Whoop whoop!!

Terry said...

Your blocks are so cheery and sweet! I'm so glad you linked up at Sunday Blog Love last weekend(I am so behind on reading all the links) Wishing you a wonderful week!

Terry said...

Your blocks are so cheery and sweet! I'm so glad you linked up at Sunday Blog Love last weekend(I am so behind on reading all the links) Wishing you a wonderful week!

Etcetorize said...

I love your quilt blocks so much that I'm featuring them at tonight's Make it Great party over at Etcetorize! I hope you'll stop by to grab a featured button and link up again (http://etcetorize.blogspot.ca/2012/05/make-it-great-monday_13.html)~

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Cherise, I absolutely love your quilt blocks. All of your favorite things are some of my favorite things. What a cute idea. Congrats on #100 and over 400 followers. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup!
Hugs,
Jann

Amy said...

Yay on you 100th post! And I think my favourite block is the sunshine one! It is one of my favourite things too.

Thanks for linking up to ASWC Together Linky Party

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Hi Cherise, I've featured your Favorite Things Blocks today...
http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/05/threading-your-way-features_19.html