Friday, June 15, 2012

A Great Day with a Blogging Friend!

Hello!  :)

A week ago today I got the chance to spend the day with Karen from Sew Much 2 Luv. We became friends online through our blogs. This was our first meeting in person. She is as awesome in person as she is online! I knew we'd hit it off and we did!  :)  We had planned to go shopping together. I drove to her house which is about 30 minutes from me. I brought her a gift I made for her. Here it is . . .


And a closer view . . . 


I really enjoyed making this pillow for her! She is the one who inspired me to get back into cross stitching. She's been doing a lot of it herself. You should go check it out!  :)  The strawberry cupcake design I stitched for her came from this magazine . . . 


It was designed to be a card but I turned it into a pillow.



I also stitched her a little card to go with it. 


The kit for the card came as a free gift with this magazine . . .


It's so cute! It was my first cross stitched card. By the way . . . both of these magazines are from the U.K. They are so awesome!  :)

After Karen and I greeted and hugged we went shopping!  :)  Our first stop was Needlepoints Ltd in Garden Grove, CA. It's a great shop and they happened to have a Lizzie Kate trunk show & sale going on! Perfect timing!  :)  This is what I picked up . . .


I've really gotten hooked on the Lizzie Kate patterns! I can't seem to get enough!  :)  Can you tell I love snowmen?!!!  :)  After this Karen and I went to M & L Fabrics in Anaheim, CA. I've been dying to go there as they have tons of great fabrics at great prices. By this time I was feeling kind of worn, since I've been ill. I didn't even get any fabric! Can you believe it?!!! I've never been to a fabric store before and not come out with fabric. Karen and I went back to her house and she fixed us a fabulous lunch. We sat and talked for a few hours. She showed me a lot of her stitching. It was nice seeing it in person. I love her home too! It's so warm and cozy!  :)  It was so nice to get out with a friend and enjoy a day together. We will definitely be getting together again. Karen thank you so much for a wonderful day!  :)

Until next time . . .


1 comments:

Karen said...

So glad you had fun! I know I did :) Every time I walk passed my strawberry pillow it makes me smile. I just love it! Thanks so much!