I know I haven't posted in awhile again. I've actually been busy but just haven't stopped long enough to write a post. Sometimes I procrastinate because I haven't taken pictures yet, and you know a post isn't a post without pictures. ;) Then sometimes I have the pictures ready but then finished more items and need to take more pictures. Lol! It's a never ending cycle! ;) I'm here now though and basically up to date with all my pictures. :) I know I'm rambling . . . so sorry! Here's what I've been up to . . .
I joined a new yahoo group of cross stitchers from Southern California called SoCalCrossStitchers. Shortly after I joined they scheduled a stitching get-together. I was so excited. I was going to get together with a group of ladies who like stitching as much (if not more) than I do. The night before I was packing my bag to bring with me the next day and realized that I needed a case for my reader (stitching) glasses. I didn't want them to get scratched afterall. This is what I came up with . . .
Of course it's pink. ;) I had no pattern so I kind of figured it out as I went along. Here's a view from the side . . .
I used some flannel for the inside to keep the glasses safe and protected.
It works great for my pink polka dot reading glasses. ;)
I'm happy with how it turned out although next time I will make it a little wider. Maybe round the bottom corners and a strap that snaps would be nice to attach it to the handle of a bag or anything else I'd like. ;)
After the glass case I needed to make a cover for my 8" x 8" q-snap frame. Got to keep that fabric covered and clean! ;) I choose an aqua print from my stash.
It turned out good and works great.
Next time I will finish the seam a little different and start with the fabric a little longer. Not too bad for my first try without a pattern again. I also made a red cover for the 11" x 11" q-snap frame I purchased the next day. I also picked up a 17" x 17" one and still need to make a cover for it.
After all that sewing I was ready for the next day. I went and met some wonderful ladies and had a great day of stitching and chatting. :) The project I worked on was my Lizzie Kate Very Scary (mystery) Sampler. If you recall I last stitched on this piece on back in August. Wow! Here's where I left off . . .
I had stitched parts 1 & 2. When I got ready to stitch part 3 I realized something. I messed up! :( I started the project too low on the fabric and didn't have enough room for part 3. I got really frustrated and put it away. Other ladies in the group were working on theirs so I pulled mine out again. I looked at the pattern to figure out what I needed to do so it would fit on my fabric. It was so easy to adjust it. I couldn't believe it. It had frustrated me so much before. Now I had it all planned out and stitched away. I stitched Saturday at the get-together, that night when I got home and again on Sunday.
I was really liking how this part was coming out. I kept stitching on Monday and managed to finish it on Tuesday night.
I love the kitty! He's sooo cute! ;) Here's the completed piece.
I'm not sure how I'm going to finish it up yet. For now it's going into the finished pile with the rest of them. ;)
I was on such a stitching rush that I started a new project that same night. Here's where I left off . . .
This is a new pattern from Little House Needleworks "Little Sheep Virtues- Hope". It's part of a 12-month series that I'm doing. This is the 1st month. The next one is due out the end of this month. For now I'm thinking of finishing them all together in a quilt with homespun fabrics. I actually managed to finish it yesterday (Wednesday) but haven't take a picture yet so you'll have to wait to see it. ;)
It was nice to stitch again for myself. This weekend I do plan on starting a new project and also continuing with my next piece for Sandy Hook. Thanks for hanging with me through such a long post. Hopefully I'll be back sooner next time. ;)
Until next time . . .