Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cross Stitching Away!

Hello!  :)

Before starting this post I looked up the last regular post I published and I couldn't believe it was back on April 2nd!!! Wow! Time has definitely been flying! I'm hoping I'll get better about posting again but I will be really busy the next couple of months so I'm not promising anything. Please bear with me. I'll share more about that later.  ;)

For now I wanted to share what I've been up to since I last shared my stitching adventures with you. Back on April 2nd this is where I was with my Lizzie Kate 6 Fat Men . . .


I had finished the first 3 sections. After that I added the really cute extra design in between the blocks.


This is one of my favorite parts of this design. Weird huh? After that I managed to get one more section done. Here's the block that was "snow fun" to stitch . . .


I don't have a picture of the whole thing after this point. I will definitely take one this week for you.  ;)

During April I started on a new project. This is Blue Ribbon Design's "Blue Jeans & Daisies" 2013 Mystery Sampler.


All three parts have now been released. I'm stitching it on 30ct Blue Jeans Weeks Dye Works linen with the original threads. I started the design in the top left corner. Here is the first section I stitched . . .


The fabric color is definitely off in this photo. After this section I wasn't quite sure about the design. It was just blaw to me so far. Then I continued stitching . . . 


Wow! I'm loving the design now! It really came to life with the next sections. Don't you think so? By the way did you notice the fabric color is better in this picture? It's more true to the real color. Continuing on . . . I was on a roll and just couldn't stop stitching . . .


I finished the left section all the way to the bottom!  ;)  The color on this picture really sucks again, so sorry!  :(  This design is so fun to stitch! I can't wait to stitch the whole thing!  :)

These are the only two (like I need any more) pieces that I'm working on right now. I'm having fun with both of them. While I haven't done any more stitching on the 6 Fat Men I've actually made more progress on the Blue Jeans & Daisies. You'll have to wait until next time to see it though as I haven't taken pictures yet.  ;)

Until next time . . .


8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wonderful stitching! I haven't touched it this month and you just wow me with how much you get done.

SewAmy said...

Both your samplers look great... makes me want to go stitch.

Catherine said...

Lovely stitches!!,

Rachel said...

They both look SO awesome!!!

Anne said...

Very excellent stitching!! I am just doing Snow Friends after finished Snowed In on 6FatMen. Happy Stitching!! :)

Zurainny Ismail said...

You are so ready for Christmas this year! I wonder how many cross stitched X-mas decor you have in your collection... :D

Anonymous said...

hi Cherise!
I'm happy you like Blue Jeans as much as I do :)
I tried not to add another project to the never-ending list of starts this year, but I couldn't help it!
big hugs and happy xxx,
chiara
(you forgot to backstitch the bluebirds' legs in the first block ;))

Susie said...

This is beautiful.