Saturday, March 30, 2013

Finished Just in Time!

Hello!  :)

Happy Easter! I hope the Easter bunny brings you lots of chocolate!  ;)

This past week I finished a couple of small cross stitch pieces before I worked on my 6 Fat Men again. The first piece I did was Lizzie Kate's Limited Edition "Chicks". It's stitched on the linen that came with the kit. I used all the threads called for and substituted a couple I didn't have on hand. Here it is . . .


Today I actually had time to sit down and make the piece into a pillow.


Of course I used lots of pink!  ;)  I also added some buttons, charms, lace and rick rack. I think it turned out really nice. I actually have a finished, finished piece before Easter! Okay it's only a day before Easter but it still counts!  ;)

Last week I also finished another Lizzie Kate Limited Edition design, "A Bee C".


I stitched this on the linen that came with the kit. I used the threads called for and again substituted a couple I didn't have on hand.

I don't know if you remember or not but I'm taking part in the Stitch-Along over at www.stitch-a-long.blogspot.com. We're doing a small project every month instead of a quilt this year. This month's project is a pincushion from the Some Kind of Wonderful book by Anni Downs. Here it is . . .


The pattern on the sides are embroidered with pink perle cotton. The top is made with 1-1/2" squares of Pam Kitty Morning that I had leftover from my "My Favorite Things" quilt. It went together pretty quick. Good thing too since it has to be done by tomorrow. Nothing like the last minute!  ;)


I stuffed it with crushed walnuts. The pins are two that my friend Donna gave me last year. I thought they looked nice in it.  :)

Next month we will be making a wallhanging from the book "Tis the Season" by Natalie Bird. I got a head start today. (Okay so I'm only a day earlier, but I'm usually a last minute kind of gal). I traced the embroidery patterns on some muslin and backed them in fusible batting so they're ready to stitch.


Last by not least . . . my 6 Fat Men . . . I worked a couple of nights this week on the next section, "Snow Friends".


It's coming along nicely. Thanks for visiting!  :)

Until next time . . .


8 comments:

Catherine said...

Love all of your goodies!!!

Anne said...

Wonderful stitching. Your 6 Fat Men is coming along really well. Love your pink quilted pin cushion!! and the stitch on pink!! :)

Emma/Itzy said...

Great progress this week! Happy Easter x

Gina said...

I'm crazy over that pincushion. The embroidery on the sides is especially sweet.

Teresa F. said...

Wonderful cross stitching. The pincushion is lovely.
Happy Easter.

Rachel said...

LOVE chicks and the pillow it became! ABC looks fabulous too! Will it be a pillow too? Having seen these in person I have to say they are SO well done! Look at that pincushion! I am in love!Look forward to the embroidery! Fat Men looks great!

Sasha said...

Such adorable little projects. Your stitching is always perfect =D Happy Easter =D

Sheila said...

Beautiful stitching. Love the pin cushion :D