Thursday, March 21, 2013

I'm still here

Hello!  :)

I know I've been gone from here (except for the Traveling Stash updates) for a couple weeks now. Well remember how I told you hunky dude's dad passed away? Well a few days after his funeral my grandmother passed away. She was 85. She fell down the stairs and had a major brain injury which she didn't survive. Over the past few years she also had lots of episodes of dementia. She is now resting in peace and my grandfather is very sad and lonely. We had her funeral this week. I miss her terribly. So that's why I haven't been posting here. I've just been very busy physically and mentally. There is definitely too much death going on around here. I hope this is the last of it.

I've still been doing some stitching while away from my blog. It keeps my mind and hands busy when I'm relaxing. I started a new project a couple of weeks ago. It's Lizzie Kate's 6 Fat Men.


This photo is not my piece but the designers piece. I had gotten the patterns last year and finally picked some fabric from my stash to get started on the project. I'm stitching it on a piece of blue with white 28ct luguna. I completed the first block early last week. Here's "Snowed in". . . 


After that I decided to go ahead and stitch the other five block outlines so I have a road map to follow.


As you can see in the photo above, the next part I worked on was the "Snow House" block. I really meant to take a picture before I worked on that block but alas I didn't. I finished "Snow House" this week on Tuesday night.


I really like how this is coming together. I'm not sure whether I'll continue with this project next or work on a smaller, quicker project first. Sometimes it's good to do a couple small projects in the middle of a large one so you don't get bored or overwhelmed. I guess we'll both have to wait and see what I work on next.  ;)

I'll be participating in the "Stitch me up" embroidery blog hop that started a couple of days ago next week.


My day is Wednesday, March 27th. I know exactly what I'll be making but of course I haven't started it yet. I'll be working on it this weekend so it will be ready to share with you next Wednesday. For now be sure to check out all the lovely embroideries that have been shown already. You can go here, to Jane's Fabric & Quilts, our lovely host, to view the blog hop schedule.

Until next time . . .


10 comments:

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Sinto por você minha amiga,eu tenho passado por funerais de familiares também,e sei que é uma pauleira...Mas Deus sabe o que faz e quer sempre o melhor para os seus filhos.Abraço bem abraçado.

Anne said...

Wonderful stitching. I am just at the white stitching on Snowed in, none of the others in set have I even started! Happy Stitching! :)

Rachel said...

Fat men looks awesome! Love the fabric choice!

Shanna said...

Oh my dear, I am so sorry to hear of your losses. I do like what you have been keeping yourself busy with though.

Bev C said...

Hello Cherise,

Love and prayers to you and your family. Loosing Grandparents is hard.
Such beautiful stitching.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Mara said...

So sorry to hear about the deaths in your family, looking forward to seeing what you create next.

Zurainny Ismail said...

Please accept my condolences for the passing of your grandmother and your hubby's dad. Stitching will help a bit to ease the pain, and preserve the happy memories.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sorry about both of your losses. I prayed for your grandfather.

donna said...

Cherise I am so sorry for your lose. Know that you will be in my prayers. Your stitching is gorgeous. I have not done that in so many years.
Hope you are having a nice day.
Hugs
donna

Catherine said...

Sending hugs and prayers...