Monday, November 19, 2012

A New Day ... A New Quilt!

Hello!  :)

I'm on a roll! I don't mean just the fact that I've been sewing everyday. I mean I've published a post on my blog every day since Thursday! That's 5 days in a row! While that may be a normal occurence for some people it's very rare for me. I love it! That doesn't mean it will be a habit though . . . so sorry. For now it's great so let's enjoy it while it lasts . . . k?!

A while ago I came across an awesome Quilt-A-Long on Cut to Pieces blog.


It's a QAL for a Super Mario Brothers quilt. How awesome is that?!!! It's definitely for me! I know a certain autistic boy who's been begging me to make a quilt for him. He's actually asked for a quilt with Super Mario, Spongebob and PacMan. I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to incorporate all of them for him but I'll definitely give it a try. For now I'm doing the QAL Super Mario quilt for the front and will be using Spongebob fabric for the backing. I may even add PacMan in there somewhere. It depends on how big it turns out. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

This is the perfect Christmas present for my son! It's going to be a surprise for him. That will be a little hard as he lives with me. I;ll be working on this only when he's in school, sleeping or with his dad. Right now he's with his dad until Wednesday so it's the perfect time to get started on it. I got all the fabric out last night and began cutting.


This quilt is made with 3,888 1-1/2" squares. Yes that's 3,888 little squares! Just a little intimidating for me. I sat down yesterday and began cutting. Hours later this is what I had . . .


and another view . . .


That's a LOT of squares! Today I will begin plugging away on this quilt. It's made up of 12 different characters. The blocks will finish at 18-1/2" each. I wonder how many blocks I can get done in a day. I'm hoping I finish at least one. We'll have to wait and see how far I get.

Until next time . . .


3 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

This is going to be such a special quilt. looking forward to watching it grow. hugs

Jessica said...

Love it! I'm just doing two pillows and it's been time consuming for me, haha!!

SewAmy said...

I want to make this quilt so much, but I'm scared to buy all the fabric and fusible.