Saturday, September 17, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In #2 Results...

Hello!

Last night I was going to work on my own Thanksgiving apron which I cut out the other day.


Then I remembered that when I went out to get fabric for my new fall apron swap buddy Donna, that I also picked up some fabric for a Halloween apron for myself. I was going to use the same pattern for my Thanksgiving and Halloween aprons, so I figured I cut out the Halloween one so I could work on them both together.


After I cut out the first apron I was on a roll and figured I'd go ahead and cut out the swap apron as well, so it would be ready to go. I can't show you that one as it's a surprise!

I was enjoying the cutting out process tonight and wanted to keep going so I cut out my Ghastlies project as well.


By then it was 11:00 so I decided to call it a night. Even though I didn't actually sew anything for the Friday Night Sew-In I did cut out 3 sewing projects. That is an important and necessary step to the actual sewing. Now I have 4 projects ready to go! I'm hoping I can begin on them tomorrow.

I did get a lot of sewing done on Thursday. I finished up my 6 block 6's for the Stars Quilt-A-Long.


All the blocks are done! The next step is putting the blocks together and adding the two borders. Then the quilt top will be done! I will work on that this week. I can't wait to see how it turns out! This was my first real quilt and I'm so excited to see it all come together.

Today I went to a couple of Thrift stores. I'm hoping to get pictures taken tomorrow so I can show you the fabulous items I got.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Until next time...
Cherise  :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those star blocks & I just think that witch fabric is so cute!! It is nice to get all the cutting out of the way, so next time, you can just sit down and start sewing :-)

Wendy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, yours is gorgeous. You got lots done for FNSI, you will be ready for lots of sewing next time!

donna said...

You pick up some great fabrics. I can not wait to see what you have in store for me. Your stars are perfect. I love them. And the colors are wonderful together.
Hugs
donna

Gina said...

I'm slowly getting around to see what everyone accomplished for FNSI! Congrats on getting a lot done! The Star's blocks are beautiful, love the colors!

Deanna said...

That was one VERY productive sew-in. I like your version of the Stars quilt.. I wanted to participate in that one myself but had to set it aside for now.