Sunday, September 4, 2011

5 down... 1 to go!

Hello!

Sorry I've been away a few days. I've been busy. I've been doing a lot of surfing (the web that is). I've found a few more ways to get keep myself into trouble busy. More on that later! I did go to visit my dad yesterday. He just got back from a trip to Canada to visit his 6 sisters and 1 brother. It was fun looking at the pictures. Here' me, my dad and my sister Tammie earlier this year.


When my dad heard that I've been quilting he asked me if I'd be able to repair a quilt his grandmother made for him when he was a boy. It was the same quilt I remember using when I was younger and needed an extra blanket. It brings back fond memories. Now it's worn and desperately in need of some repairs. It has so many awesome vintage fabrics! I love it! Am I talented patient enough to repair it? I guess we'll find out! I haven't had a chance to take pictures yet but will soon. I can't wait to share it with you.

I made a pin cushion for my sister and gave it to her Saturday for her birthday. She's a fellow crafter and has a great blog if you want to check it out. Here's the pin cushion I made for her. She already added a couple of pins to it.


Over the past few days I have managed to complete all 6 of blocks 4 & 5 of the "Happy Quilting Stars Quilt-a-Long". These are definitely my favorites so far.



There's only one more block to go and then the borders. This quilt has been lots of fun! I didn't even know whether I'd be able to do it or not. But I am! I'm so excited and proud of myself. Melissa's directions are great and easy to follow.

My mind has been spinning the last few days with lots of plans for my sewing future... projects, gifts, etc. I'm hoping to start a couple more projects today and tomorrow. I'm busy and having fun! I hope you are too! Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Until next time...
Cherise  :)

I'm linking to Quilt Story and Creative Itch. See my sidebar for their buttons.

3 comments:

Judith, Belfast said...

These blocks are stunning - so crisp and pointy! Lovely colour scheme too. THank you for choosing some of my items on flickr as favourites. Jxo

Sofia L said...

Your blocks look amazing! I completely understand what its like to catch the sewing bug and wanting to start a bunch of new projects. You look like you're off to a great start!

Jenniffier said...

Fun colors and the blocks look very precise :) Thanks for stopping by earlier - Jenn