Sunday, August 28, 2011

I did it!!!

Hello!

I'm all caught up! Yea me!!! Friday I got all 6 of the Block 1's done for the "Happy Quilting Quilt-A-Long Stars Quilt".


Then I started on the Block 2's. I finished those on Saturday.


I was also able to finish all the Block 3's on Saturday as well!


I'm so excited! It was fun and pretty easy! They're not perfect but I'm okay with that. They are all approximately 13" right now. I'm supposed to cut them all down to a wonky 12-1/2" but I'm not sure if I want to do that or not so I'm not doing it yet. Plus I don't have a 12-1/2" square template yet... hello JoAnn's 50% off coupon! I can't wait for the next block! There are only 3 more blocks then the borders. I think I can actually do this! Melissa gives great instructions and lots of tips and techniques for saving time. I hope to be able to keep up with the rest of the quilt-a-long.

Hope you had a great weekend! I did! The boyfriend and I just stayed home in the air conditioning trying to keep cool. It was 104 outside! Yuck!!! Did I tell you I hate heat!!! It's supposed to get a little cooler this week but then get hotter again for next weekend. I can't wait for Fall and cooler weather! I hope it gets here soon!

Hope you're safe and keeping cool!
Until next time...
Cherise  :)

1 comments:

Tammie Moore said...

Hey sis, glad to see your blogging.... Your quilt blocks are cool. Glad to see you doing better, I love ya tonz
Creatively
Tammie Moore