Monday, August 22, 2011

Potholders


I sewed today! I wanted to make my swap partner some potholders to go with her new apron.

I used the two fabrics from the apron and added an additional one I had in my stash. I came up with a simple design, fussy cut some pieces, laid out the blocks and arranged them in a way that pleased me.
Potholder 1...

Potholder 2...

Then I proceeded to piece them together and cut the backs. I was happy with the way they were looking so far.

I layered them together with some Insul-Bright batting and machine quilted them with a simple checkered pattern.
Potholder 1...

Potholder 2...

Backs...

I was tired and hungry so I decided to quit for the day. I'm hoping to get the binding on tomorrow. Sometimes I wish I could just finish a project on the same day I start it. Oh well... maybe next time. :)

0 comments: