Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In #3

Hello! Well . . . I didn't get too much done last night. You know those times when your sewing machine just isn't cooperating with you, and just keeps failing over and over again. I had one of those nights. That plus I kept messing up the project I was working on. Not a good night for me and the machine. I did manage to finish one of my Ghastlie projects though. I can only show you a little bit of that project as the blog hop starts on Monday. Here's a clip of the project I finished . . .


I wonder what it is? Well . . . I know but what do you think it is? I also managed to get this binding ready for my other Ghastlie project . . .


I will get this finished up tonight and tomorrow, if need be. Since the machine wasn't cooperating I decided to work on my next stitchery for the Christmas Stitchery Mini Quilt. Here it is . . .


One down, one more (of this one) to go. I had a rough night but still made good progress, even though my Halloween and Thanksgiving aprons still sit waiting for me . . .


I will get to them eventually.  :)

I hope you had a great FNSI!

Have a great weekend!  :)

Until next time . . .
Cherise  :)


12 comments:

Karen said...

Love your stitchings! I am looking forward to seeing your completed aprons too! Don't you just hate it when your machine goes on strike????? :)

Jandi said...

I love the stitchery! I just got a bit of that Ghastlie fabric in the mail last week. I still have no idea what I am going to do with it. But, I got my hands on some and that is the most important part, right?

Wendy said...

Your stitching looks lovely, you have been busy again. You'll get to those aprons one day!

Nana B said...

Hi Cherise - I was thrilled to see a new follower on my blog. My email is not set up properly or I would have sent you a note. Your blog looks like a lot of fun - I look forward to seeing the gastlie finished product.

Debbie said...

Wow - you have alot of Halloweeny projects going on! Your stitchery if darling! Very cool!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I hate it when my sewing machine doesn't want t cooperate with me!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your stitchery project...too precious!

Jody Herbert said...

Love the stitchery project. Hope your machine is co-operating with you now - I get very frustrated when mine decides to throw a wobbly! And it's usually when I have heaps of sewing to do too!

Sandra :) said...

I'm the Typhoid Mary of sewing machines - I've had many of those days/nights where machines just didn't co-operate, and threw monkey wrenches into my sewing plans! Sometimes you just need to hide under the blankets so the machine (and it's associated bad luck, lol) can't find you :D

I love that Ghastlies line! I was surfing around last night and came across the blog hop - I'm going to have a lot of fun reading and looking at projects! (LOLOL appropriately, my word verification word is "suffero" --- HA!!!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cherise,

I am sorry to hear that the sewing machine did not co-operate. I like your ghastlies fabric..it's kind of cute but I will have a hard time trying to figure out what to use it for. I am looking forward to seeing your finish project. :)

I love your stitchery project! very very cute.

Thank you for following my blog. You made my day. I am following yours too :)

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

some nights are like that huh!! I have just read about the Ghastlies, sounds like fun!

Michele said...

The Friday Night Sew In was lots of fun! I can't wait to see your Ghastlie project :-) That pumpkin fabric in the last picture is a favorite holiday print of mine! I have some too.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Beautiful embroidery!!! I just don't cope if my sewing machine plays up. Hope yours is co-operating now.