Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Moo-velous!

Hello!

Sorry for my absence. I got a lot done last week but haven't accomplished too much since. My son and I went to visit my dad and sister on Saturday. On the way home we visited 3 thrift stores. Two were new ones for me. I found lots of treasures! I will share the pictures of my new treasures soon. I haven't had a chance to take them yet because I was wiped by the time I got home Saturday. Then on Sunday all I wanted to do was sleep. Same thing today. I seem to have come down with something that's just wiping me out. My son has come down with a bad cold but seems to have more energy then me. Maybe it's his youth. The hunky dude is healthy so far. Hope he stays that way.   :)

Do you remember me telling you about a mug rug swap I was in? Well... my partner received the mug rug I made for her so I can finally share it with you. She owns a dairy farm. She loves and collects cows. I designed and made this mug rug for her...


It was my first ever mug rug and my first ever applique. I think it turned out pretty cute. Here's the back...


I also made her some matching coasters...


That's all I have to share today. I'm hoping I'll feel better tomorrow so I can work on some on my many projects.

Have an awesome day!  :)

Until next time...
Cherise  :)


7 comments:

Wendy said...

The mug rug is gorgeous Cherise, you wouldn't know that it is the first applique you have done, you are very talented! Hope you get your energy back soon.

Karen said...

Oh my gosh! That's stinkin adorable!!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a cute mug rug! Great job.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

too cute!!!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Hopping over from the Sew Darn Crafty Party and loving your project! We ranch and this is darling. We don't raise dairy cattle, but there are a ton of dairies down in the valley and these would be cute to make for a little silent auction for the 4-H Dairy club. Did you just freehand your pattern? Cute. Cute. Cute! I need to make one with a beef cow...and a horse...and a buffalo...and a chicken. LOL!

Susan said...

I love your mug rug!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!
rickimoo@cox.net