Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Birdie's are Flying!

Wow! I'm quite impressed with myself! (That doesn't happen too often... lol!) The birdie's are flying around here. The last time we talked I had 4 done with 6 to go to get caught up with the Birdie Stitches Block of the Month Quilt. Guess how many I finished in the last couple of days? ................................................. 4! I finished 4 more! I can't believe it! I thought maybe 2... perhaps 3... but I never thought I'd finish 4! Now I only have 2 more to get all caught up. Yipeeeeeee! Here are the ones I just finished.

Block #5 ~ May ...



Block #7 ~ July ...



Block #8 ~ August ...



Block #10 ~ October ...


I still have June and September to do. I'm actually going to use part of the June design as a signature block for the back so I actually have 3 more to do to be caught up. I've been trying to decide what design to use for the June block. That may slow me down a bit :(. I will basically use the September design as is but will add a little more. (At least that's what I'm thinking right now... but I'm a woman and I've been known to change my mind ;)!)

I'm just so excited about these little birdie's that I can't stop! I may have withdrawals when I'm all caught up. I've really been enjoying it! I know I keep saying it but I really am! I do have another stitchery project waiting to begin so I will still get my stitching fix. I really need to get back to some other projects I put on the back burner too... Cutting & Mailing my Christmas Fabric Charm Swap  ... 2 Halloween Quilt Block Swaps ... 2 Thanksgiving Quilt Block Swaps ... at least the due dates are over week away... whew! Then I have the Halloween & Thanksgiving aprons that I'm making for myself. They're all cut and ready to sew. Of course I have other projects that are in the works too. Boy this quilting/sewing bug has really bit me big time! I haven't even mentioned the fact that I'm in a Christmas boutique November 17 - 19. Guess I better get started on making things for that too. And then there are Christmas gifts to make! Yes I've overextended myself! (Just a little!!!!!) I always do that. Not quite sure why. It's just my way I guess. There's nothing like stress to motivate you.

Guess I'd better get going and tackle some of these projects. I hope you are doing well and making lots of awesome stuff! Please share your creations with me. I really enjoy seeing them!

Have a Wonderful Day!

Until Next Time...
Cherise  :)




14 comments:

Wendy said...

Your birdie blocks are looking fantastic, it is going to be a really beautiful quilt.

Karen said...

Your blocks are fantastic! I can't wait to see the completed quilt!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love them! It's going to be a beautiful quilt when you get it done. =D

donna said...

WOW Cherise I am catching up on your blog and you have been a busy girlie. Your stitching is just beautiful. Love love your blocks. What a lucky girl you are to find so many vintage sheets. I have been on the hunt for some but I am having NO luck. But it will not stop me from looking.
Hugs
donna

The mum of all trades said...

This is so pretty! I would love you to share this post at my blog party this weekend. Hope you can make it.

Unknown said...

Thsee are really cute! I don't have the patience to make a quilt...I'm impressed. :) I'd love for you to link it here:

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/welcome-to-week-6-of-falling-for-crafts.html

Becca Ross said...

These are adorable! Wish I had that kind of talent! Thanks for linking up to Home and Family Friday.

Becca

Katie said...

Oh my gosh! Seriously these are amazing! I can't believe you finished up four in a few days! I love the birdie stitching detail!

Ethereal PLUS what I Love said...

Adorable! Love the colors too!

Amber *SaltTree Creative* said...

oh my... so sweet!

Unknown said...

I love the birds!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

It looks amazing!!! So pretty! I am visiting from Sew Chatty and I am a new follower! I hope you are having a great day!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So cute! I am your newest follower! Would you follow me back? www.createdbycori.blogspot.com

Marilyn said...

These are so awesome and soo cute.. What a great post..I am officially following ya with smiles :)) I am hosting Project Pink Blog day today and I would LOVE for you to link this up and share with all the lovely ladies please.. TY SO MUCH.. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/project-p-i-n-k-countdown.html